Frozen, Jr. is our family theatre selection for summer 2024. The cast will feature young performers of ages 8-18.
Auditions & Rehearsals
- Auditions May 13 & 14 @ 6:30 PM
- Callbacks by invitation on May 15
- Read-through on May 16 @ 6:30 PM
- Rehearsals Mon-Thurs starting June 16 (tentative)
- July 19, 20, 26 & 27 @ 7:30 PM
- July 28 @ 2:30 PM
Director: Amy Lalick-Prinzi
Assistant Director & Stage Manager: TBA
Producer: Amber Ponce
Music Director: Hallie Ackerman, with assistance from Gabi Tomes
Choreographer: Steph Rau, with assistance from Sophia Kelley
About Frozen, Jr.
Frozen JR. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life, onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, with music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
FROZEN JR. is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www. MTIShows.com
The production schedule below is a work-in-progress. It may change based upon cast availability and scheduling conflicts.
The genders listed below are required for each character according to our license agreement with MTI. Performers of any gender may be considered for each role–so long as the character is portrayed with the indicated gender. For example, a girl may play Olaf but must portray a male with dialogue using pronouns he/him per the script.
- Young Anna, Middle Anna, Anna (females) – the young Princess of Arendelle at different ages. Filled with a tremendous amount of light, energy, and love, Anna is a hopelessly optimistic extrovert at all ages, but as she grows older, she longs for connection with others, especially her sister, Elsa.
- Young Elsa, Middle Elsa, Elsa (females) – the elder Princess of Arendelle at different ages. Next in line for the throne, Elsa has been born with magical powers that can overwhelm her when she becomes afraid and harm others if not handled with care. Fearful of hurting anyone, especially her beloved sister, Anna, Elsa becomes anxious and withdrawn as she grows older, before eventually learning to take control of, and become confident in, her powers which she masterfully uses to manipulate the Snow Chorus.
- King Agnarr (male) – The warm-hearted ruler of Arendelle is committed to protecting both his family and the Townspeople from his eldest daughter’s powers.
- Queen Iduna (female) – The queen possesses a sense of rightness and kindness that guides her in her protection of her two young girls. A daughter of the Northern Nomads, this queen has the ability to communicate with the Hidden Folk of the mountains and so understands Elsa’s powers deeply.
- Pabbie / Bulda (any gender) – Pabbie and Bulda are the mystical leaders of the Hidden Folk who have a soft spot for “strays.” Ever-benevolent, these parental figures want what’s best for Kristoff, even if they are a bit misguided in their efforts.
- Bishop (any gender) – The bishop officiates the coronation and passing of the crown to Elsa.
- Kristoff (male) – Kristoff is a hardworking ice harvester. Kristoff has a sarcastic veneer and a rough-around-the-edges exterior that hides a big heart. Taken in by the Hidden Folk when he was young, he loves Pabbie and Bulda dearly, but is a bit of a loner with a reindeer for a best friend- until he meets Anna.
- Sven (any gender) – Sven is a reindeer of few words, fiercely loyal pal to Kristoff, and loves giving the ice harvester a hard time.
- Hans (male) – The ambitious Prince of the Southern Isles and overlooked thirteenth son of a king. Hans constantly strives to find a way to make good and stand out.
- Weselton (any gender) – A visiting duke who possesses a huge inferiority complex. A bombastic, overbearing sycophant, Weselton’s sole purpose is to hobnob with influencers and royalty.
- Olaf (male) – The magical snowman created by Anna and Elsa when they were young. Olaf is endearingly delighted by everything – especially the idea of summer.
- Oaken (any gender) – An exceedingly cheerful and convivial wandering salesperson and ardent devotee to all things cozy and comfortable.
One of the reasons that we selected this show is that there are many supporting roles that have speaking lines and/or solo lines. The Ensemble includes Townspeople, Snow Chorus, Hidden Folk, Castle Staff, Housekeeper, Butler, Handmaiden, Cook, Steward, Guards, Summer Chorus, and Oaken’s Family.
Ensemble and supporting roles may be doubled depending on audition turnout and final cast size.